Friday, September 30, 2011

Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale Pre-Painted "Ayane" Figure Review.

Now, many people know (that play fighting games anyway) Ayane from the Dead or Alive series, and this figure I'm reviewing today, is from Dead or Alive 4 in particular. I originally bought this figure about 4-5 months ago, and had it on hold at a hobby shop for quite a while, I admired how beautifully sculpted it was, and just had to add it to my growing figurine collection, when I bought it at the store, the retail price was around 130 dollars, and boy was it worth it!!!!!


Taken from .intuitwebsites.com/animadness/


This figure was made by Kotobukiya, which are a world famous Japanese figure and model manufacturing company, they know quality, and its always a pleasure to buy figures made by them, as they are one of my favorite figure companies to buy from. This particular figure was sculpted by Taketo Ogasawara, and arranged by CH@R. The quality is top notch, superb, and beautiful. Its great too look at, and the figure itself are sturdy and not fragile. Its pre-made, and pre-painted, so the only assembly required is to take it out of the box (if you like) and pose it on is stand and platform. This is by far my favorite figure of Ayane, and the best looking one in my opinion. Though the pose she is in is a but....er.....suggestive...its still great addition to any figure collection...unless your not a fan of Dead Or Alive.

This figure has two color schemes, the original, which I have, has Ayane wearing a dark blue kimono ninja dress sort of thing, with red ribbons. But the alternate and more rare version has the dress in white, with red ribbons. I prefer the dark blue one myself. NOW FOR THE BREAK DOWN!

Pros- Quality, looks, and the beautiful craftsmanship and paint quality you expect and know from Kotobukiya....great sculpting job, great paint job.

Cons- I had none really, it was expensive....but all figurines are!!!!!!

No comments: